Monday, December 10, 2007

mother and son


This is another shot from the Atlanta Children's Shelter event that I did over the weekend. I cannot tell you how much fun I had doing this event. It was inspirational for my photography and good for my ego in that I was able to give something to people with no expectation for something in return including money. An event like this provides me an opportunity to shoot all kinds of people in a short amount of time and try to capture it in a way that is unique. I think I was able to accomplish this and the feedback I have gotten back has been exceptional.

This shot is not my favorite but the story leaves me with some work to be done and a nice memory. This mother and son came up to me and asked me to take their picture. I said sure and they embraced in a pose. All of the sudden the boy started acting a bit silly and tilted his head to the side. This pose I liked much better. I shot a few and said thank you. The mother asked me where she could pick up her photo. I didn't have a clue what the organization was going to do with my shots if anything. I told her I would find out but unfortunately they do not plan to distribute them to all the attendees.

When I send the disk to the shelter, I am going to include a print of this and hopefully it will find its way to them. If any of the other attendees want a copy of a shot, I hope they will contact me as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems like a rewarding thing to be doing with your photography - cool story.