Tuesday, December 4, 2007

the wonderful world of disney


I recently went to Disney World in Orlando. My family and I had a great time and seeing the enjoyment on my kids' faces made the whole trip worthwhile. I found myself walking around with a kid on my shoulders or in my arms most of the time so I didn't get much of chance to take pictures. That is a disappointment because walking around there made me realize what a great spot Disney World is for photography. There are so many things to photograph from children wide-eyed with excitement as the get to the front of the line at Dumbo to the characters in the parade to a father trying to console his child after he drops his ice cream. I think I could spend days trying to capture these priceless moments.

This picture is an example of one of these moments. This child (who I did not know) was so excited watching the parade come by and she reached out when this particular character came over to her. She was giddy with excitement. I didn't get the look on her face but I quite liked this shot of what she was looking at to make her so happy. I grabbed this shot as we were leaving for the day and while it is not a jaw dropper it helps remind me what I like so much about photography and Disney. Both really can make people smile.

Would my kids mind if I go to Disney sometime by myself?

No comments: