Saturday, December 15, 2007

silent night


This is a continuation of my charity shoot at the Atlanta Childrens Shelter. This little boy was a joy to shoot. He had fun with the camera as I followed him around. He thought it was a big game so I played into that. He was walking around with his cookie smiling all the time. His hair, eyes and smile were all electric but it was the shirt that really cracked me up. You see these types of shirts on toddlers all the time but I had not seen this particular one and for some reason it really made me enjoy this little boy.

I took several shots of him as he pranced around me and this one was my favorite. I got all the elements in the frame that I was enjoying at the time. I was trying to keep up with him as he walked around the gymnasium but it was a challenge. I finally decided to lie down on the ground and let him come to me. He was engaged already and me laying down fascinated him even more. He made several passes by me when on the last one I got this shot and it was about what I was looking for. Sometimes to get the shot of children it helps to get on their level. They so infrequently get this perspective so they tend to enjoy it. It definitely is a unique perspective for the photographer and makes for nice compositions.

With this little one I am guessing mom won't get a silent night for christmas this year.

No comments: