Monday, July 14, 2008

goodsell amplifiers #5


This shot of Richard and Tamra is one of my favorites. I really enjoy the moment that they are having. To me it appears so genuine and it was. Richard is a high energy person and he sat down on the couch and started playing and talking with Tamra. It was so easy for him to get her laughing and being relaxed. His interaction also made my job very easy as well. I was just an observer with a camera that had to catch the right moment.

We shot this first and considering the relaxed atmosphere it set a very good tone for the day. We shot for a while and took a break. During the break we downloaded the shots to our computer and looked at them. We identified this shot right away as one that had real good potential and Richard agreed. One shot down so easily gave me a huge confidence boost.

As for the process, we set this shot up, shot it, reviewed it on computer and determined if we needed to reshoot. This is the way I like to work, but unfortunately it was the last time we did a well thought out review. Time did not allow and I could have done a better job with respect to time and will do so next time.

So, what is this shot going to be used for? Richard is using this as a lifestyle shot. The shot has all the components he was looking for...the amp, the guitar, the guy who fits the demographic, and the hot girl hanging on every cord. I can't wait to see this in print. Thanks for looking.

No comments: