Friday, September 14, 2007

inspiration


Gordon was my inpiration for this blog, so thank you Gordon. I have recently become interested in blogging and its power to connect people by reading Craig Tanner's Light Diary. I met Gordon at The Next Step workshop taught by Craig and this creation came together. I hope you enjoy it.

I shot a lot of pictures of Gordon during the workshop but this was my favorite. This was taken on the beach on Tybee Island near Savannah. Minutes earlier Gordon had run by me with camera in his hand splashing in the water. I thought he had lost it due to too little sleep. When I approached him he looked so peaceful and he seemed to be saying "I figured it out." I think he did.

Gordon inspired me in other ways. He pushed me to stop looking at things in their totality and start looking more at the beauty of the details. Light, lines, and shapes are all important concepts for photographers but the smallest details are equally important for our life. Thanks Gordon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're welcome. I think your blog is a great idea. I'll stop by often.