Monday, September 17, 2007

summertime


I wandered around the streets of Atlanta this past weekend and I ended up in Centennial Olympic Park which is always a fun place to be on nice days. This weekend was really the first weekend that it felt like the summer was slowly coming to an end. The humidity was low and the temperature was only in the low 80s. It was a beautiful day.

I was by myself so the only people I could shoot were people I met along the way. I find it difficult to shoot children because as a parent I would say no if someone asked to take pictures of my kids. I may be a bit overprotective but the idea makes me uncomfortable. I need to try to approach more kids and their parents because children are so expressive and fun to photograph.

I took a few shots of a young girl with her father in the olympic ring fountain in the park. She was in an electric wheelchair and was enjoying the opportunity to be a normal kid splashing in the water. I wanted to know more about this kid but I never approached her or her parents. I did not ask for permission to photograph her so I do not feel right showing them either. She had a wonderful smile.

Summer is almost gone. Let's enjoy the transition.

No comments: