Monday, October 8, 2007

177


I weighed in at 177 today. This is not a record but it is uncomfortably high. I mark this date because this was the day that I began (er, uh was to begin) training for a February marathon in earnest. I have not been exercising the way that I should and I needed to do something to get motivated. Marathon training is a good way for me to get going. I tried to get the spousal authorization for a 2008 Ironman but to no avail. I will have to wait for a while longer until I make my Ironman comeback.

So, I am 177 today and hopefully by race day I will be under 165. We shall see how this goes and I will keep you abreast of my progress. How did my run go today? Didn't happen. Slow start.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've drifted slowly up from my Ironman weight this year of 193 to about 203 at the moment. Getting uncomfortable in the jeans. I've had the excuse of not being able to even walk for about a month now, but it all changes next week.

Hiking in Yosemite, then back to start training for St Croix. No ironman for me in 2008. 2009 in Australia is on the plan though. St Croix HIM and Marathon 2 Marathon next year.

Unknown said...

Great results for the Australians in the world championships this year. Managed to catch some of the streaming video on my laptop while standing in line at Avis in Vegas, then I'm stealing wireless access here in Death Valley so that we could find out the results :)

One of our training partners took third in his age group - not bad!

Unknown said...

Hope SA is treating you well!