Thursday, October 4, 2007

step on a crack....


We all know how that one goes, but I was thinking about a close relative to superstitions which is luck. Sometimes I think there is something to the saying "it is better to be lucky rather than good".

This photograph reminds me of luck. I took this yesterday while I was in NYC. I followed this guy for a couple blocks and was drawn to his green velvet shoes. To me if luck were a color it would be green (the irish in me) so that worked for me. I also got lucky with the composition. We were both walking and I really didn't have a chance to compose the shot. I took two frames and this appeared. His well timed step on the crack was a nice moment. Also, I like the different colors in the sidewalk. I wished I had two identical trangles in the sidewalks but I wasn't that lucky.

I am really not that superstitious but I am a big believer in luck. I hope it finds me often.

No comments: