Tuesday, October 9, 2007

5 bucks if you go take her picture


I was having dinner one evening with 11 of my newest closest friends down in Savannah when a friend challenged me to go take this woman's picture. Feeling up for the challenge I agreed and walked up to two ladies. I led with my ring finger because I didn't want them to get their hopes up (or did I have my hand in my pocket?). Well that is irrelevant.

I approached and started talking. I used my friend as an excuse and said that he wanted me to take her picture. She replied politely, "Thank you for asking sir, but no thank you". Two rejections...she said no and she called me sir in the process. Nonplussed, I was unrelenting. I begged her, pleaded with her, and threatened to make a scene. When she told me that I should take her friends picture instead because she was prettier. I replied that was nonsense and my friend at the table only liked brunettes (although I do not think that is true).

Finally, she agreed and I took this shot. I really like it because she was a very sweet girl and said none of the things I attributed to her except the part about her friend. That comment stuck with me from this interaction because it suggested a lack of confidence by someone who should have plenty. Hopefully my wanting to take her picture made a difference.


Since I was on a roll, I asked her friend for a picture as well. She was indeed very pretty but her friend had all the personality.

I am not sure that the title of this entry was the offer on the table, but I do know that I never collected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't remember, is it me, or Bryan that owes you the money ? :)